In our 40th year, VANS celebrated by bringing more programming around the province. As 2017 winds down and you are thinking about renewing your VANS membership, here’s a look back at the last year.
- Perhaps you enjoyed Lewis Hyde’s lecture on The Public Life of the Imagination, or the panel discussion Moving Forward, Looking B(l)ack: Visual Art in Nova Scotia with Bria Miller, Lucie Chan, Pamela Edmonds, Jade Peek and Sylvia Hamilton.
- Maybe you took one of our professional development workshops in Antigonish, Shelburne, Lunenburg, Inverness, or our Artist Boot Camp in Sydney.
- Or you got to know VANS through our En Route Artist Talk Series with JJ Lee, Grainne McHugh, and Jennifer Angus in Halifax, Wolfville, or Yarmouth.
- You might have met and worked with the VANS in Residence artists in Musquodoboit Harbour, Herring Cove or North End Halifax. Or you’re an artist in our PAINTS program who brings art workshops to students throughout the province, including a dozen new schools this year, in both English and French.
- You might be part of an arts organization that has benefited from our Open Grants program, or you’re an individual artist who was part of of the Subsidized Studio program.
- Maybe you haven’t taken advantage of VANS programs for a while but recognize the importance of supporting the Mentorship Program, or arts advocacy in this province…
- Or you just like receiving the new Visual Arts News magazine now with even more content on art in the Atlantic provinces.
Whatever the reason that you were member of VANS in 2017, we hope that you will renew your membership for 2018.
See our website for a full list of membership benefits and renew your membership online, in person or over the phone – just remember to do so before it expires at the end of December. If you renewed recently (since October) it will not expire until December 31, 2018.