The E-Studio Directory provides a web page on our website to post up to six images, an artist statement, selected biography, and contact information. It can also provide an online presence for artists without a website. This service provides a means for access and exposure between the artist and the public. Members who purchase an e-studio are now able to log in and create or update their e-studio at any time.
The e-studio directory is accessed by a wide range of users, including artists, educators, critics, curators, gallery directors, designers, publishers, filmmakers, corporate buyers, researchers and private collectors.
the e-studio serves to:
- Support artists in achieving personal and financial fulfillment through the exhibition, marketing and promotion of member artists and their work
- Promote the art and artists of Nova Scotia
- Respond to requests for artists and artwork
- Increase positive visibility of the art and artists of Nova Scotia
the e-studio can help you find what you’re looking for:
- Art for your gallery
- Original works for purchase
- Artists who work on commission (murals, portraits, sculpture, illustration, etc.)
- Art for reproduction (on books, CD covers, posters, etc.)
FEES The fee for the VANS e-studio directory is offered at a $10.00 annual fee.
COPYRIGHT Copyright on all the work in the e-studio remains strictly with the artist. Any unauthorized reproduction is a violation of the artist’s copyright, and violators may be subject to legal action. To learn more about copyright, visit the VANS Resource Library.
When members purchase an e-studio, they will be issued a user ID, or their current user ID will be updated, allowing them to log in and update their e-studio following the e-studio tutorial.
Any and all changes made to an individual’s e-studio page will be approved by VANS personnel, before being published on the website. If submission guidelines are not followed, the e-studio update will not be approved and updates will be postponed until the guidelines are achieved. When guidelines are met, e-studio updates will be approved quickly and the public can learn about your professional practice and contact you faster.
Approval of changes may take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, if guidelines are met. If you need any assistance creating or updating your e-studio please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
- Documentation should be of high quality; carefully composed, properly lit, and professionally processed.
- Artist Statement and Bio should be no more than 150 words each.
- Images should show artwork only. Frames and props (except as an indicator of scale for 3D works) should not be included.
- Digital images in .jpg format no larger than 100 MB can be uploaded to the website directly.
- To upload images, log in and click on Artist Pages/Add New. Select upload/insert which will open the image uploader and editor in a frame, you may then select up to 6 images from your computer to post on the website.
- More information on managing your images can be found in the e-studio tutorial.
Renew or register by visiting the Shopping Cart page of the VANS website. There you can pay with your credit card or bank account via PayPal.