The Corridor Gallery gives members of Visual Arts Nova Scotia an opportunity to create an exhibition of their work. We are accepting applications from members for June, July, August, September and November 2018.
The Corridor Gallery consists of the two walls in the corridor space of the entrance to our offices with track lighting, the front wall in the main courtyard (dark purple) wall and a smaller (green) wall in the main office area. The measurements are as follows: Corridor walls (two that face each other) measure at 100″ wide x 84″ high and 110″ wide x 84″ high which includes track lighting. The front wall in the main courtyard measures at 72″ wide x 72″ high and the small wall in the main office measures at 36″ wide x 24″ high. Exhibiting Corridor Gallery artists are expected to install and dismantle their own exhibit.
Artists selected are granted three to four weeks to exhibit their work, and are required to set-up and strike the exhibit the first and last week of the slotted month. Materials and tools will be provided if necessary.
Please include in your submission:
- a maximum of 10 high quality digital images of work to be exhibited (one image for press must be a minimum 1500 pixels wide at 300 ppi)
- a complete documentation list (001, 002 .. 010 title, media, dimensions, date)
- exhibition proposal (exhibition title, description of body of work and how the work will be installed in the gallery)
- artist statement about the work (up to 100 words)
- short artist biography (up to 100 words)
Send submissions to email@example.com or to the VANS office at 1113 Marginal Road, Halifax, NS, B3H 4P7.
The above image is from Frankie Macaulay’s Urban Paper exhibition. View more past Corridor Gallery exhibitions here.