Click to enlarge thumbnail images.
- Acrylic on canvas, 36" x 12", 2018. May be purchased at Art 1274 Hollis Gallery, Halifax, NS
Painted with the unique style of Canadian Metis artist Teresa Young, this beautiful design flows across a field of vivid yellow with a tapestry of intricate patterns and whorls. Delicate, lacy designs surround large colorful bands of bright purple and orange.
- Commissioned as a cover for the latest report on courses available in Canadian universities geared towards training medical professionals in support for indigenous people.
Tribal Passion is an aboriginal celebration of life and beauty. Centred around a swirling red orb that portrays the sun as the giver of life, a young brave dances in joyous movement. As an homage to rich and beautiful native cultures, the surrounding flowing patterns evoke native jewelry designs.
- Acrylic on canvas, 20" x20", 2018. Painted for Crossroads exhibition in Sunroom (floor 5) of Halifax Central Library, Sept 8th, to Oct 27th, 2018.
This surreal fantasy explores the mystical aspect of my native roots and my European heritage, to make real and visible the fact that I am a crossroads between two worlds.
- Acrylic on wooden box.
Similar boxes with original Metis art by Teresa Young may be purchased at Art 1274 Hollis Gallery, Halifax, NS
- Signifies a hunter’s journey through life and his feelings about his land and home.
30" x 15", acrylic on canvas painting., 2018.
- Acrylic on canvas, 18" x 24". Private collection.
Waves of molten gold cascade throughout this lyrically beautiful abstract painting.
- Acrylic on wooden box, abstract design in orange and purple colour harmonies. Could be microscopic, could just be fantasy.
- Similar boxes with original Metis art by Teresa Young may be purchased at Art 1274 Hollis Gallery, Halifax, NS
Acrylic on wooden box. A mermaid gazes out from a flowing, abstract ocean world.
- Acrylic on canvas - 12" x 12", 2018.
Gift to OWL program for adults returning to workforce. Private collection. Prints may be purchased from my website.
Teresa Young is a Metis artist who was born on the west coast of Canada and is currently living in Nova Scotia. Her art style is very aboriginal with flowing colours, bold lines and vivid, complementary colour schemes.
Teresa’s handling of colours is quite unusual in their combinations and evokes a dynamic sense of movement, or even a watery wave-like feeling in it’s abstract patterns.
Influenced by a drawing style that she developed in childhood, her artworks are unique and appeal to a broad range of people. Part of the Art 1274 Hollis co-operative gallery (www.art1274hollis.ca) in Halifax, her work can be purchased at the gallery or online at https://www.teresayoungartist.ca/.