Click to enlarge thumbnail images.
No doubt the most important decade in my young life was spent in rural Quebec. Those years kindled in me a love of nature and places of quiet beauty. Coming to Nova Scotia several years later rekindled that spirit of the child in me and I began painting in earnest. Each painting was an exercise in changing contrasting colours. To my surprise my palette slowly evolved into a Turneresque one; two yellows, one warm, one cool; two reds, one hot, one cooler and so on. Nature has continued to inspire me as I enter a more introspective period in my art. Both photography and painting have taken me into a private world that others may come to appreciate and understand. It is my own personal expression of a life needing harmony in a world so sadly chaotic and it has been suggested that this style of work is psychologically beneficial.
- 1987 Lunenburg Art Gallery, Nova Scotia
- 1986 Atlantic Galleries, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 1984-85 Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Provincial Touring show
- 1977 Zwicker’s Gallery, Halifax, NS
- 1974 Centennial Art Gallery, Halifax, NS
- Since 1971, annually Mabou Village Gallery, Cape Breton, NS
- (July 1- October 15).
Juried Group Exhibitions
- 2007-2008 Art Sales and Rental at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia
- 1994-1995 Visual Arts N.S. First Biennial Exhibition
- Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Art Auctions
- 1980-1986 Visual Arts NS- Dalhousie Research Foundation Art Auctions
- 1984 House of Remy Show, Halifax NS
- 1978 Maritime Artists Association, Halifax, NS
Other Group Exhibitions
- Yearly since 1999 Inverness Co. Council of the Arts “Hands Dancing”
- 1997 St. F.X. Invitational Print Exhibition
- 1994 St. F.X. University Summer Exhibition
- 1993 St. F.X. University Commemorative Exhibition
- 1980-1995 Baddeck Art Gallery Annual Summer Festival